Children are admitted to Calverton according to the L.A. policy. Children are admitted to the nursery as soon as a space becomes available after their third birthday. Names can be placed on our waiting list after their second birthday. Nursery places do not give children priority for placement in the main school. When children are admitted to the main school they are given priority in the following order.
- Children who live locally (within Calverton's catchment area) and have a brother or sister in the school
- Children who do not live locally, but have a brother or sister in school, provided it can be proved that a place was not available at the local school for the brother or sister
- Other children who live locally
- Children who do not live locally but have a brother or sister in the school
- Other children, whether or not they live in Newham. Visits for prospective parents and their children are welcomed and should be arranged with the school secretary for a mutually agreed time
More information for parents with children starting school can be found in our Admissions Policy below.
Determined Admission Arrangements - September 2020
The law requires that all schools must have admission arrangements that clearly set out how children will be admitted, including the criteria that will be applied if there are more applications than places at the school. Admission arrangements are determined by admission authorities.
All admission authorities must determine (i.e. formally agree) admission arrangements annually, even if they have not changed from previous years and a consultation has not been required. Admission authorities must determine admission arrangements for entry in September 2020, by 28 February 2019. The LB Newham is the admission authority for all maintained schools located in Newham with the exception of the faith schools who are their own admission authorities. Calverton Primary School is a LB Newham maintained school meaning we must use their admission arrangements.
For any proposed changes to the existing determined arrangements a formal consultation must take place and must be for a minimum of 6 weeks and must take place between 1 October and 31 January of the school year before those arrangements are to apply. For example: for arrangements which are to apply to applications in 2019 (entry in September 2020), consultation must be completed by 31 January 2019. This consultation period allows parents, other schools, religious authorities and the local community to raise any concerns about proposed arrangements. We did not propose any changes for 2020 as our changes were made and consulted upon for entry in September 2019
Our Determined Arrangements for the school year starting in September 2020 are:
You can be object to these arrangements or the arrangements of any school by referring to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator. Objections to admission arrangements for entry in September 2020 must be referred to the Adjudicator by 15 May 2019. Any decision of the Adjudicator must be acted on by the admission authority and admission arrangements amended accordingly.
Reception Admission for September 2019
Determined Arrangements for September 2019 onwards entry
Link to Pan London eAdmissions portal – opens 1 September 2019 for September 2019 reception applications
Pan London Co-ordinated Admissions
In Year Admissions for September 2018 to August 2019
Determined Arrangements for September 2018 onwards entry
In Year school application form (all year groups) for September 2018 to August 2019
Useful likes for all schools admissions
- Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/schools-admissions
- LB Newham School Fact Finder http://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Schools-Directory.aspx
- Ace Education – Independent Advice for Parents and Carers http://www.ace-ed.org.uk